Friday, April 10, 2009

Wild Animal Park Butterfly Exhibit


I love to take pictures of butterflys. Susan and I have been to two Butterfly houses in Canada and one in St. Louis plus a few smaller ones. When I heard that the Wild Animal Park in Escondido was having a temporary exhibit, I had to go. The area for the exhibit was fairly small compared to others I have been to, probably because it is only open during April. I got there at 9AM when it opened and the place filled up fast. There were quite a few nice specimens but because of the small size of the enclosure and so many people, it was hard to get your shots and get to a lot of the butterflys. There was only one walk way through the exhibit, so if a butterfly was not along that walkway, there was no way to get close enough to get a picture. I left the butterflys around 11AM to photograph a few birds but when came back around 1:30 PM, there was a line to get in of over 100 people--I deceided what I had was enough for the day. If you decide to go, get there early. The picture is of an Orange-barred tiger (Dradula phaetusa) (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment